Where can I go using this service?
- Transport to doctor, physio, podiatrist or other medical appointments
- Shopping bus services
- Social outings and activities
- Nearest major shopping centre for food shopping, banking, hairdressing appointments
When are SHINE services NOT accessible?
- When people are medically unfit to travel? (This includes being discharged from hospital.)
- Not for transporting people to/from paid employment
- Not for transporting children to school
- Not available inter-hospital transfers or nursing home transfers
- Not available in residential care facilities
What about return journeys?
Transport is usually one way. A driver may be available to wait a short time, however, this will need to be discussed at the time of booking.
How often can I travel?
There is a limit on the number of journeys our service can provide. Please discuss this with SHINE for more details.
How much will it cost?
Fares are substantially reduced and are subsidised by the HACC program and the Combined Councils. Please refer to the fees schedule for more information.
- How to access transport and the costs involved?
- You can refer yourself or referrals may be made by a relative, carer, friend, GP or any other service
- You will be assessed for eligibility by a WA Regional Assessment Agency
- More information on fees for this service can be found HERE.